Boswellia Serrata Powder
A great herb for the older horse and ageing animals. Also known as Frankincense It has the most intense smell. Enriching and healing.
The Boswellia tree grows in hilly areas in India. By carving in the bark, a juice is released that consists of gum resin and oil. The active ingredient in the gum resin of the Boswellia serrata is boswellic acid, and is used in plant preparations from Ayurvedic medicine. This is a health doctrine that originated in India thousands of years ago. The active ingredients in the gum rosin beads have the same effect as corticoids. Boswellia therefore has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Boswellia is used in particular:
- Aid stiff joints.
- Improve mobility and flexibility.
- Improve your horses quality of life by maintaining optimum joint health.
- Support the natural systems that control inflammation.
How To Feed Boswellia Powder
We recommend mixing this supplement with your horses daily feed at the following amounts as guide :
- Small Horse (Under 450kg) - 10-15g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
- Large Horse (450kg+) - 25-30g per day, this can be split between feeds or given at once
Composition: 100% Boswellia Serrata – powder (also known as Frankincense)