Benefits of Brown Rice for Dogs in Food
Are you wondering whether you can feed your canine friend with brown rice? Sure, you can. Brown rice offers great nutritional value to your dog's overall health. It is made by removing the hulls from the rice kernel leaving some of the bran intact, which increases the fibre content aiding a dog's digestion. It is also an excellent source of carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
What are the key benefits of brown rice?
Some of the benefits of brown rice for dogs include the following:
- Aids digestion: As stated above, brown rice is rich in fibre and a natural source; it is made by leaving some of the bran intact, which increases the fibre content and thereby aids digestion in dogs and improve bowel movement in your canine friend.
- Good for the heart: Brown Rice is also a good source of Vitamin D and B, which promotes a healthy heart. It also contains other minerals like iron, calcium and riboflavin, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Folic acid, Thiamine, Niacin and Potassium which are all essential in moderation in a canines diet.
- Boost energy: Brown Rice is an easily digestible carbohydrate that boosts your dog's energy level, improves cognitive functions and also soothes his or her gut.
- All-natural, less refined: Brown rice is all-natural and less refined or processed. This makes it very healthy and perfect for your dog nutrition. Not only is it gluten free, it has more protein and less fat compared to white rice making it the ideal addition to your canines diet and help aid weight management.
- Aids bowel movement: Robbie's Holistic Cuisine dog food does not only aid bowel movement in your canine friend, it also leads to the growth of useful bacterias in their intestines. You will notice small less frequent poops as well as less odour due to the improved bowel management.
- Good for the skin: Brown rice is also beneficial to your dogs skin. It helps in getting rid of skin allergies such as itching, redness and hair loss. With Robbie's Holistic Cuisines combined natural ingredients it makes it the best dog food to help your dog recover and maintain a healthy shiny coat.
How much brown rice can dogs eat?
The amount of brown rice you feed to your canine friend will largely depend on their weight, age, size and activity. Brown rice contains a high amount of carbohydrate, which could lead to overweight in dogs, however Robbie's Holistic Cuisine has been formulated to ensure your dog receives the most benefits without the extra bulk. If you feel your dog is gaining weight look at how much exercise they are getting in comparison to their food. Reduce the food if necessary as well as taking your dog out for a little extra on their walks, or add some more play time in. Getting too much excercise? Try adding some more food or supplement their diet with additional natural healthy chews and treats. Land of Holistic Pets has a great selection available including chicken feet.
In addition, it is also vital to watch out for signs of allergies, although allergies due to the consumption of brown rice happen in rare cases. Therefore, if your dog is allergic to brown rice, he or she might show symptoms that include hair loss, ear infections or itchy skin.
It is vital to note that these symptoms can also be associated with other allergies or health issues, therefore always consult your vet doctor for advice and any other recommendation when you notice these signs before cutting down on their meal. Most common allergies are found from meat sources rather than rice and vegetables.
How to find the right brown rice for your dog?
The fact that you care about your dog food is great. However, that doesn't end there. It is vital to feed your canine friend with the right brown rice. Relying on what the labels say can be a costly mistake.
If you need the best natural dog food for your canine friend that offers all the nutritional value listed above, then your best option is to opt for Robbie's Holisti Cuisine - a natural dehydrated food that is blended exclusively in Scotland.
This type of rice is easy to make, simply add the required amount, add hot water to rehydrate and serve this delicious meal to your canine friend.
Finally, Robbie's Holistic Cuisine is a holistic dog food that offers excellent nutritional value to your canine friend. Our perfected blend of ingredients has benefited dogs around the UK for over a decade, providing a healthier and longer life. We all want the to ensure our dogs are living their best life, and a great start is through their diet making Robbie's an excellent choice!